Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sometimes life is that Exciting

So, tonight was pretty entertaining for a few reasons. The first being that I didn't stay home playing DDO (Dungeons & Dragons Online). It's an MMO based in the D&D world of Eberron and pretty fun. It's also free to play, which is super fantastic for poor kids like me. Myself and the other residents of Nerd Palace have all created characters and I've been playing by myself to get the hang of things since I haven't played a PC game in over a year, and that had been World of Warcraft, which has different commands. I've made 2 characters, one is a wizard and the other a cleric.

The second reason being that I went and saw Iron Man 2 in theater for $1.75 with a few friends. Yes, you read correctly: $1.75 for a movie.

There is this wonderful place about 15 minutes away from my house that shows movies that are out of regular theaters and are about to go onto DVD for really cheap, which is awesome if you're poor or really wanted to see a movie but don't want to pay an arm and a leg to go when it first came out or don't want to spend the money to buy the DVD. Plus, when the ticket price is that low you can totally splurge on a big box of candy, popcorn and a drink and not break your wallet. The best part about this place is that on Tuesdays they have a special price of $0.75! Yeah, it's pretty sweet and I go at least once a month when I'm bored and don't want to stay at home. The only draw back is that each movie only has a limited amount of showings each day, sometimes only 1 for the entire day.

Ohohoh! So, when we got to the theatre we were early and got the best seats in the house (you know the ones, middle of the middle) and before the lights went out a group of 9 girls in varying styles of lolita clothing came in and took up an entire row. It was awesome because outside of a convention I've never seen girls dress up in loli-gear. One of the girls was wearing a pink wig with 2 pigtails.. and she moved the detachable pigtails from the top of her head to the sides so that people wouldn't complain about her hair being too big. It was really funny. Plus, it was freaking Iron Man and you would never expect to see girls in babydoll skirts and Maryjane's to be there.

But IM2 was pretty awesome and I can't wait for the Thor movie to come out because hopefully that means the return of the Hulk (Edward Norton Hulk, not that other crappy one). To be honest, I'm not really that big of a comic book nerd but I really like Iron Man and all the other Avenger characters because they have really good stories to them. So, yeah, you should totally see mister hotty pants, Robert Downey Jr, being a sarcastic, self-centered jerkface. Plus, the tech level is pretty sweet. It'll be cool if one day computers and stuff work like Tony Starke has. Not that I'll ever use it since I'm terrified of technology getting to the point where it can think for itself and then overthrows humanity. (Terminater, the Matrix and Battlestar Galactica have fueled this fear)

After the movie we went to Steak and Shake for food since things didn't go as planned and we left later than we wanted to be able to get food before the movie started. And by "didn't go as planned" I mean Frank had to wait for a cop to do a search on him because he had been spotted trading a gun for drugs in the parking lot of Big Lots.

The quick version is that Frank's dad was in town for a few days and parked his RV in the Big Lots parking lot. Frank had some of his dad's guns and brought them so that his father could have them back. His dad gave Frank some pain pills to give to Joy because she gets really bad migraines. Apparently some good citizen saw this take place and called the cops. After straightening out the gun situation, the cop ran Frank's ID to make sure he wasn't wanted for murder or something else. Therefore, we didn't leave on time.

So, we went to eat and stayed for like 2 hours telling stories and being totally irresponsible with ourselves. I'm still being irresponsible, actually, because I have work at 7:30 (4 hours from now) and I'm not asleep. In fact, I probably won't go to sleep tonight and will just crash after I get off of work at 1. The glory of working at a coffee place is that I'll just load up on the bean juice until my eyeballs pop out. With my luck I'll overdo it and won't be able to go to sleep. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it in 9 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment